This Policy applies only to our Services and we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any other website to which our Website links or that links to our Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites or services so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
1. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information and other Information
While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. When you use our Website, we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time such as your name, age, gender, email address, residential address, telephone/mobile number, blood group, medical case and other relevant information as may be required.
In addition to the above, while you access or interact with the Services from any technological device which includes but is not limited to mobiles, tabs and computer system we may receive certain information, viz.:
- the name of your internet service provider;
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services;
- the operating system you are using;
- the date and time you access our Services;
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our Services;
- search engine, search terms and advertising clicks/actions;
- surveys' responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information;
- the manufacturer and model of your mobile device;
- your mobile operating system;
- the type of mobile internet browsers you are using;
- your geo-location;
- information about how you interact with our Website, such as how many times you use a specific part of the Website over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Website, how often you use the Website, actions you take in the Website and how you engage with the Website;
- information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Website
Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behaviour.
If you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
If you choose to post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
2. Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information
We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Website.
We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We will occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level). We use this data to tailor your experience at our Website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
- Provide you Services as requested by you
- help us provide personalized features
- to send you information about our new initiatives or other relevant information that we think you might find useful or interesting
- to provide you with feedback, newsletters and for other marketing activities.
- tailor our sites to your interest
- to get in touch with you when necessary
- to preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy
We use information internally to:
- direct our efforts for service improvement
- our internal training purpose and data analysis
- for research, analysis and other business related purposes, subject to not directly disclosing any of your Personal Information
Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
- remind us of who you are in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service;
- recognize your access privileges to our Website
- track your entries in some of our promotions
- help diagnose problems with our server
- administer our Website
- track your session so that we can understand better how people use our Website
A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer's hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
3. Communication triggered from User's End:
We strive to make sure that our user's experience exceeds the expectations. There are many ways to reach us i.e. via phone, e-mail, chat and other social media channels. Once you initiate a communication from your end, to help improve our Service etiquettes to you, we may catalogue your contact information and correspondence details for later references. This eventually will also enable us to track the responses you provide to us as a feedback for our e-mails and also the number of visits that you as a User make to our Website. This methodology will help us to improve our Services from a customer delight stand point.
4. Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
We may disclose personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent. Such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us to provide the Services and we take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect the Personal Information in the same manner as contemplated herein.
We may, however, disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- To respond to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
In due course of time we might use your Personal Information for any new and unanticipated reason not expressly mentioned in this Policy. We will obtain your consent in such cases as may be required by law.
Disclosure policy in compliance with rule 6 of the IT Rules 2011
The Personal Information may be disclosed to any person, if such disclosure is required for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Website.
The Personal Information may be disclosed, where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation.
We do not rent, sell, publish or share your Personal Information and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information unless:
- we have your permission.
- Special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
4. What security procedures are in place to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration?
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, and to comply with Rule 8 of IT Rules, 2011 (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information), we have in place appropriate physical, electronic, technical, operational and managerial procedures.
Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
Our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and your information is shared with respective personnel to complete the transaction and to provide the Services requested by you.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your sensitive personal identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. No such measures are competent enough to safeguard your Personal Information in a complete 100% way. Hence, you are also encouraged to take steps to prevent your Personal Information from being misused by logging off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password , not sharing the password with anyone and changing it periodically. We in no way can are to be held responsible for the unauthorized use of your Personal Information or for any suspicious activity on your account. By using our Website, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
6. Links to Other Sites
Our Website links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. Medplusindia.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
If you want to remove your contact information from all medplusindia.com lists and newsletters, please visit unsubscribe.
8. Advertisements on Medplusindia.com
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
9. Your Consent
10. User declarations:
- I understand and have the knowledge that Personal Information is being collected.
- I understand and have the knowledge of the purpose for which my Personal Information is being collected.
- I understand and have the knowledge of the indented recipients of the information.
- I understand that I have the option not to provide the data or information sought to be collected by MedPlus and the Website.
- I understand that I also have an option (while availing the services of MedPlus, Website or otherwise) to withdraw my consent given earlier to MedPlus and understand and accept that such withdrawal of the consent shall be sent in writing and in such case MedPlus shall have the option not to provide the services for which the said information was sought at its discretion.
11. Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Nikhilesh – Grievance Officer Optival Health Solutions Private Limited.
grievanceofficer (at) medplusindia (dot) com
H. No: 11-6-56, Survey No: 257 & 258/1,
Opp:IDPL Railway Siding Road,(Moosapet),
Kukatpally Hyderabad, Telangana
Phone: 040 - 6700 6700
Email: wecare (at) medpluslens (dot) com
Time: Mon -Sat (9:00 - 19:00)
Please contact us regarding any questions regarding this statement.